We’ve covered the most commonly asked questions below. If you have further questions, we’re here, please contact us! We’d love to hear from you!
1What are the payment terms?
Rent is due and payable on your move-in anniversary date each month. We offer a wide variety of payment options including in person, by cash, cheque e-Transfer. Payments can also be made through email, snail mail by cheque or money order. Many tenants choose to leave post-dated cheques on file.
2Do you require a damage deposit?
Yes, $50 + $10 Gate Key Deposit, in addition to your first month’s rent. Once you’ve moved out, we will inspect the unit to make sure its free from damage and all contents have been removed. We will then return your deposit.
3Do we have to give notice when moving out?
We require 30 days written notice prior to moving out. Also, once you have completely vacated the unit, you must let the office know so that a unit inspection may be conducted.
4What is your mailing address?
Havelock Self Storage, 23 Industrial Dr., P.O. Box 219, Havelock, ON K0L 1Z0
5What items are prohibited from storage?
Common sense and government laws determine what may be stored in self storage facilities. Please read the following to ensure that you, your belongings and your fellow customers are safe at all times. If you have any questions, we’re here to help. As a rule, never store any of the following:
- Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition.
- Hazardous, toxic or radioactive goods, biological agents and flammable materials and liquids. These present a serious danger to the facility, its personnel, other customers and your goods.
- Gas canisters (e.g. for barbeques or recreational vehicle use) and aerosol cans.
- Pollutants, contaminated goods, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature.
- Cash or securities, coins, precious stones, jewellery, antiques or fine art unless specifically agreed with us in writing, in advance of storing such goods in the unit.
- Illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained.
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creature.
- Food or perishable goods. Dry foods (like rice, flour, pet food etc.).
- Scented candles or ornaments made of edible ingredients (e.g. popcorn strings, cookie or play-dough ornaments).
- Waste or other items which do or could emit any fumes, smell or odour.
6Do I need insurance?
The items you place in self storage units are the sole responsibility of you, their owner. Goods are not insured by the storage facility. If your insurance does not cover stored possessions, check with your local insurance agent about acquiring insurance coverage for your possessions.
7Can I bring my own lock?
Yes, you may. We also sell locks at our facility for your convenience. We recommend the MasterLock Magnum® Shrouded 2-3/4" Disc Lock.